June 2, 2017 My heart is broken. We lost our sweet Matilda last night. She lost her appetite and started running a fever on Wednesday and I took her right in to the vet. Bloodwork normal, ultrasound showed no obstruction or obvious infection. They sent us home with antibiotics. When I called the vet back yesterday to let them know I saw no improvement in her appetite or her fever, they said just wait til the morning and then if no improvement, bring her in again. She passed away some time between midnight and 3 am. I’m afraid she took a big piece of my heart with her.